Mera Peak & Island Peak via Amphu Laptsa Trek is the most thrilling trip in the Himalayas of Nepal. Feel the surreal thrill of camping in the freezing wilderness and pristine beauty of the Himalayas in one single package. Mera Peak 6,476m and Island Peak 6,189m are two famous trekking peaks in Nepal. Located to the south of Everest into the densely forested Hinku Valley, Mera Peak is the highest permitted trekking peak in Nepal. Whereas Island Peak is located in the center of the Khumbu region, and it is actually an extended part of the south ridge of Lhotse Sher surrounded by Cho Polo & Makalu in the east, Nuptse Sher in the north, and Amphu, Baruntse & Ama Dablam in the south. Mapping the summit of these two peaks along with technical Amphu Laptsa Pass 5,780m makes this whole journey even more adventurous and challenging.
Even though Mera Peak is higher than the Island peak, summiting Island Peak is more challenging and technical than Mera. And, adding Amphu Laptsa Pass is like a cherry on the top that complements the journey. Talking about the trail, of course, it is not easy or moderate and counts at the strenuous level. The trail will offer you spectacular views of gorgeous Himalayan sceneries, picturesque villages, snow-capped mountains, and cold untamed rivers.
Mera Peak & Island Peak via Amphu Laptsa Trek goes through the densely forested trail, crossing several rivers & streams, terraced farms, moraines, and rugged glacial paths. You will get to see panoramic views of Mt. Everest 8848m, Mt. Nuptse 7861m, Mt. Lhotse 8516m, Mt. Makalu 8481 m, Mt. Baruntse 7129m, Mt. Naulekh 6363m, Mt. Chamlang 7319m, and many other mountains.
Your journey begins with a 30 minutes scenic flight to Phaplu. From here you will ascend all the way up to the Mera Peak Base Camp passing by several small villages like Nunthala, Panggoma, Ningsow, Chhatra Khola, Kothe, Thagnang, Khare. You will continue ascending towards the summit of Mera Peak and trek back to Kongma Dingma for the night stay. Further, you will cross challenging Amphu Laptsa Base Camp (5,650m) and move towards the summit of Island Peak.
Summiting the Island Peak, you will head back to Chhukung village and descend to Tengboche. Tengboche village has one of the biggest and the oldest monastery of the entire region. It is one of the significance monasteries of people living in this region. You will get to see ancient sculptures, manuscripts, paintings, and antique holy items inside the monastery. You will then continue your trek to Lukla passing by Namche and Phakding, and fly back to Kathmandu.
- Climb Mera & Island Peak.
- Stunning views of Mt. Everest 8,848m, Mt. Nuptse 7,861m, Mt. Lhotse 8,516m, Mt. Makalu 8,481m, Mt. Baruntse 7,129m.
- Gorgeous Himalayan sceneries, snow-capped mountains, picturesque villages.
- Adventurous trail that goes through the densely forested trail, crossing several rivers & streams, terraced farms.
- Cross challenging Amphu Laptsa Pass.
- High and wild trekking in the isolated Hinku Valley.
- Trekking through the Everest region to Namche Bazaar.
- Rich Sherpa culture and tradition.
- Tengboche monastery.
- Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350m:
- Day 02Prepare equipment for the peak and free day:
- Day 03Kathmandu - Phaplu 2,415m, by flight 30 minute:
- Day 04Phaplu to Taksindu drive by jeep 1 hour 2,930m visit a monastery and after lunch trek to Nunthala 2,217m, 2-3 hour:
- Day 05Nunthala to Panggoma 2,850m, 7-8 hour:
- Day 06Panggom to Ningsow 2,863m, 5-6 hour:
- Day 07Ningsow to Chhatra Khola 2,800m, 7-8 hour:
- Day 08Chhatra Khola to Kothe 3,691m, 6-7 hour:
- Day 09Kote to Thagnang 4,356m, 5-6 hour:
- Day 10Acclimatization at Thagnang:
- Day 11Thagnang to Khare 5,045m, 4-5 hour:
- Day 12Khare to Base Camp 5,350m, 4-5 hour:
- Day 13Base Camp to High Camp 5,780m, 5-6 hour:
- Day 14Go to Mera center summit 6,461 m, and trek to Kongma Dingma 9-10 hour:
- Day 15Kongma Dingma rest day:
- Day 16Kongma dingma to Seto Pokhari Camp 5,035m, 5-6 hour:
- Day 17Seto Pokhari to Amphu Laptsa Base Camp 5,650m, 5-6 hour:
- Day 18Amphu Laptsa Base Camp to Island Peak Base Camp 5,080m:
- Day 19Reserve day:
- Day 20Island Peak Base Camp 5,087m to High Camp 5,600m, 3-4 hour:
- Day 21High camp - Summit 6,189m and back to Chhukung 5,550m, 7-8 hour:
- Day 22Chhukung to Tengboche 3,870m, 6-7 hour:
- Day 23Tengboche to Namche 3,440m, 6-7 hour:
- Day 24Namche to Phakding 2,610m, 7-8 hour:
- Day 25Phakding to Lukla 2,860m, 6-7 hour:
- Day 26Lukla - Kathmandu:
- Day 27Free day in Kathmandu:
- Day 28Sightseeing Durbar Square and Swayambhunath:
- Day 29Sightseeing: Boudhanath, Pashupatinath, Kathmandu Durbar Square:
- Day 30Transfer to Airport for departure:
- Arrival and Departure transfers on both domestic and International flights.
- Mera and Island Peak Climbing Permit and other government tax.
- Makalu and Everest National park and all government taxes etc.
- Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Twin Share BB as per the Plan.
- Full board meals prepared by our cook (breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) on whole Mera Amphu Laptsa pass and Island peak climbing.
- Boiled drinking water, tea and coffee during Mera Island Amaphu Laptcha trek.
- Accommodation in Tented camp during Mera, Island peak climbing and Amaphu Laptsa pass.
- Guided city tour during sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Domestic flights and airport transfer according to Itinerary.
- Required Climbing gear: climbing rope, necessary equipments for prepare climbing route.
- Equipments for climbing guide.
- All camping equipment provided including 2-person member tent, dinning tent with table and kitchen tent, staff and porter tent, toilet tent etc during climbing 2 peaks Amphu Laptsa pass.
- Phaplu to Khare lodge accomodation and 3 times meal and tea coffee
- Chhukung to Lukla lodge accomodation and 3 times meal tea coffee
- Professional and experienced group leader and Climbing guide with all his allowance and expenses.
- Porters to carry personal gear and group equipment.
- Insurance of all staff including porters.
- Warm clothing and trekking gear for staff including porters.
- Complementary duffle bag to keep your bags safety. comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Satellite Phone in case of emergency.
- Trekking cook, kitchen staff, Trek Sherpa and other support staff.
- Peak climbing certificates issued from the Nepal Government.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- All kinds of your insurance.
- International Airfare.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Entrance fee visiting historical places in Kathmandu.
- Personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks and mineral water bar bill.
- Personal trekking and climbing equipments.
- Tip for trekking staffs and driver etc.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
Our trek in Nepal took us from Paplu to Lukla through the jungle to Khare, then to Mera peak, over the Amphu Lapsa pass and to Chukung and back to ...Read More
The price for above itinerary cost Euro 3750 per person.