The Gosaikunda Helambu Trek takes you into the scenic Langtang and Helumbu Valleys to reach the freshwater alpine lake Gosaikund. Besides endless stunning views of the snow-capped Himalayas, it offers a rich cultural experience as the inhabitants are of Tibetan origin and have lived in isolation for centuries. The Gosaikund Helambu Trek is considered moderate difficulty, making it an ideal family trek with the maximum altitude a pass of 4610 meters. It is the most accessible of all treks, as the Helumbu Valley lies just to the north of Kathmandu, and therefore, is one of the shortest trekking packages. This trek can also be done in winter.
Culture: The quaint villages along the trail are inhabited by Tamang and Hyolmo Sherpa. Their Buddhist Tibetan lifestyle has remained almost unchanged as few outside influences have reached this isolated valley. Their houses feature traditional carved wooden windows and women still weave traditional clothes with their ancient looms. Mani stones, chortens and ancient gombas along the trail are typical of age-old Tibetan-Buddhism and give valuable insight to the spiritual lifestyle. Dedicated Buddhist monks perform their ancient rituals and meditate in the remote sanctuaries.
Natural Beauty: The Gosaikund Helambu Trek offers splendid views of mountains including Manaslu, Machhapuchhere, the Annapurna massif, Ganesh Himal, Langtang Lirung, 7200m and the great Shisha Pangma, 8046m, of Tibet. The trek starts at Dhunche and follows the rushing Trisuli River up some steep climbs and stiff descents, through deep forests and across glacial moraines. You will experience a quick succession of distinctive landscapes and climates. From terraced rice paddies you soon reach the rhododendron and pine forests inhabited by a wide variety of birds and animals including the shy red pandas and langur monkeys. Plenty of wild alpine flowers bloom at different times of the year.
In Shin Gompa there is a very old government run cheese factory. On the fourth day you will reach the beautiful and holy Gosainkund Lake, 4380m, revered by both Buddhists and Hindus as it ice-cold waters are believed to have magical healing powers. It is usually frozen for six months of the year. The highest point of the trek is the Laure Binayak pass, 4610m, where you will be surrounded by mountains and Surya lake.
Visiting cheese factory at Shin Gomba and the yap pastures. Amazing sunrise and sunset view surrounded by snow capped mountain from Laure Binayak, marvelous holy Gosainkunda Lake, 4380m,
Hike through oak, rhododendron and aromatic pine forests, breathtaking mountain view and stunning scenery.
- Day 01Arrival in Kathmandu.
- Day 02Full day Kathmandu City excursion.
- Day 03Kathmandu – Dhunche, 7-8 hrs.
- Day 04Dhunche - Shin Gompa, 5-6 hrs.
- Day 05Shin Gompa - Laure Binayak, 3-4 hrs.
- Day 06Laure Binayak - Gosaikund Lake, 4-5 hrs.
- Day 07Gosainkund Lake - Gopte, 6-8 hrs.
- Day 08Gopte - Tharepati, 2-3 hrs.
- Day 09Tharepati - Kutumsang, 4-5 hrs.
- Day 10Kutumsang - Chisopani, 5-6 hrs.
- Day 11Chisopani - Sundarijal - Kathmandu, 4-5 hrs.
- Day 12Final Departure.
- Airport/Hotel/Airport picks up and drops
- Necessary accommodation in Kathmandu 4 nights (breakfast included)
- Transportation Kathmandu to Dunche by jeep and return from Sundarijal by Car or bus
- Necessary Permit & National Park fees.· 3 times meals (breakfast, Lunch, dinner tea coffee) during the trek.
- Guesthouse/ lodge accommodation during the trek.
- The required trekking staffs.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance for the trekking staff.
- Transportation during sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Your travel insurance (compulsory)
- International airfare
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks and mineral water boiled water to fill the water bottle.
- Personal trekking equipment.
- Tip for trekking staffs and driver etc.
- Any other expenses which are not mentioned on price includes section.