Gokyo Panoramic Trek is a beautiful exploration of supernatural mountains, ridges, alpine lakes, and glaciers. Gokyo Panoramic Trek is for travelers who wish to try something new in the Everest region. The Gokyo Valley Trek is labeled moderate in difficulty, and doable for anyone with good physical fitness. the highest point of the trek is the amazing Gokyo Ri or Gokyo Peak, 5357m, from where you get an awe-inspiring view of hundreds of peaks including the 8000-meter mountains: Everest, 8848m, Lhotse, 8414m, Makalu and Cho Oyu, 8188m.
Gokyo trek follows the trails of Dudh Koshi River from the green forested paths of the Khumbu to the Gokyo Lakes, 4700-5000m, which are nestled beside the sixth highest mountain in the world, Cho Oyu, 8188m. re are 6 main Gokyo Lakes which are fed by the Ngozumpa Glacier, and which flow into the Dudh Koshi River. You will climb across the stony moraines of the Ngozumpa Glacier, the largest glacier in Nepal, to reach Gokyo Ri and enjoy the breathtaking view.
A further dimension to your experience of Gokyo Valley Trek is the friendly Sherpa inhabitants of this Khumbu Region. Their Tibetan-Buddhist culture, their modest lifestyle, and Buddhist monasteries add the appeal to the place. The small settlements dotted through the Khumbu have still not been touched by modernity. Gokyo village, 4700 m, a quaint village situated on the bank of the third Gokyo Lake, has several stone houses, which double as hotels for trekkers.
- The chain of six turquoise glacier-fed 5000-meter Gokyo Lakes
- The view of Everest, Lhotse, Makalu and Cho Oyu from Gokyo Ri, 5357m
- Cross the vast Ngozumpa Glacier, a wasteland of rock and ice
- Fewer trekkers than classic Everest treks, and superior views
- Experience authentic Sherpa culture
- Day 01Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 02Kathmandu: Sightseeing and trek preparation
- Day 03Fly to Lukla, 2800m, trek to Phakding, 2652m, 3 - 4 hours
- Day 04Phakding to Namche Bazaar
- Day 05Acclimatization
- Day 06Namche Bazaar to Dole
- Day 07Dole to Machhermo
- Day 08Machhermo to Gokyo
- Day 09: Excursion day in Gokyo: Climb Gokyo Ri, 5357m, and hike to fifth lake
- Day 10Gokyo to Dole
- Day 11Dole to Namche Bazaar
- Day 12Namche Bazaar to Lukla
- Day 13Fly to Kathmandu
- Day 14Free day in Kathmandu
- Day 15Final departure
- Airport/Hotel/Airport picks up and drops.
- 4 nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu - Lukla and Lukla - Kathmandu by flight.
- Flight ticket for guide.
- TIMS & National Park Permit.
- 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and tea coffee during the trek.
- Guesthouse/ lodge accommodation during the trek.
- The required trekking staff.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance for the trekking staff only .
- Lunches and dinners in Kathmandu.
- Your personal insurance.(compulsory)
- International airfare.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Entrance fee for historical places and museums etc..
- Personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks and mineral water.
- Personal trekking equipment.