Annapurna Base Camp Trek is one of the most popular trekking destinations in Nepal. Every year hundreds of travel enthusiasts visit this region to experience the breathtaking views of the region. The trek is short and easy in terms of technical climbing but, do require strong determination to go on the trek as you have to walk around 5-7 hours per day. The trail will include several ascends & descends, lovely forests of rhododendron, pine & bamboo, waterfalls, and small picturesque villages. Moreover, during the spring entire region bloomed with colorful rhododendrons and orchids.
You will get to witness panoramic views of Mt. Machhapuchhre (6993 m), Mt. Annapurna (8091 m), Annapurna South (7219 m), Mt. Hiunchuli (6441 m), Mt. Gangapurna (7455 m), and many other mountains. Not only these, but Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) Trek also provides you an opportunity to experience lifestyle, culture, and tradition of people residing in this region. You don't need to have any prior trekking experience to go on this trek yet if you have one it will surely benefit you.
Accommodations on Annapurna Base Camp Trek:
You will be staying in 2 or 3-star hotels in Kathmandu and Pokhara. During the Annapurna Base Camp Trek, you will stay in the guest house or lodge. The room will be small with little furniture, a bed & a blanket. All the accommodations are on a twin-sharing basis. On special request, single rooms can be arranged in Kathmandu and Pokhara. However, single rooms might not be available all the time during the peak season.
Please understand that the services in the guest house or lodge will be very basic and also all the guesthouses might not come with attached washrooms.
Meals & Drinking Water:
In Annapurna Base Camp Trek, you will enjoy authentic Nepalese food with few other cuisines like Tibetan, Indian. Meals will be served as per the menu of the guesthouse/lodge. Besides that you can find bars, bread, cookies, butter tea, extra on the trail but, remember as the elevation get higher, the cost also gets high. In Kathmandu and Pokhara, you will only get breakfast. There will also be a welcome and farewell dinner for you.
Drinking water can be easily found everywhere. You can get hot water from the guesthouse/lodge and fill in your bottle every time it gets empty. So, do carry a reusable water bottle with yourself. We urge you to not buy mineral water bottle on the way as it will help in preserving the region.
Best Season to go on Annapurna Base Camp Trek:
The best time to go to the Annapurna Base Camp Trek is from February to May and late-September to December. You can also go on this trek in January, however, the cold weather might not be the best fit for everyone. Similarly, during the monsoon the region receives heavy rainfall, which makes the trail slippery and dangerous.
- Monuments sightseeing in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Panoramic views of Annapurna Ranges (8091 m), Machhapuchhre (6993 m), Mt. Hiunchuli (6441 m), and Mt. Gangapurna (7455 m).
- Trek through lovely forests of rhododendrons, pines, and bamboo.
- Annapurna Base Camp.
- See Picturesque villages.
- Get to experience ancient tradition, culture, and lifestyle of people residing in this region.
- Day 01Arrival in Nepal and transfer to the hotel
- Day 02Kathmandu to Pokhara by tourist, 6 hrs.
- Day 03Pokhara to Dhampus drive by jeep and trek to Landuruk, 5-6 hrs.
- Day 04Landuruk to Chhomrong trek, 6-7 hrs.
- Day 05Chhomrong to Dovan trek, 7-8 hrs.
- Day 06Dovan to Machhapuchhre Base camp trek, 6-7 hrs.
- Day 07Machhapuchhre Base Camp to Annapurna Base Camp Trek, 3hrs.
- Day 08Annapurna Base Camp to Doban Trek 6-7 hrs.
- Day 09Doban to Chhomrong Trek, 6-7hrs.
- Day 10Chhomrong to Ghandruk, 5-6 hrs.
- Day 11Ghandruk to Pokhara drive by jeep, 2-3 hrs.
- Day 12Sightseeing in Pokhara and in the afternoon fly to Kathmandu
- Day 13Sightseeing in Kathmandu
- Day 14Final Departure:
- Airport/Hotel/Airport picks up and drops by private car/bus.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu (4 nights).
- Accommodation in Pokhara 1 night.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara and Pokhara to Kathmandu by flight.
- Necessary Permit & National Park fees.
- 3 times meals (breakfast, Lunch, dinner tea coffee) during the trek.
- Guesthouse/ lodge accommodation during the trek.
- The required trekking staffs.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, for the trekking staff.
- Transportation during sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory).
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Nepal entry visa fee.
- Personal expenses such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks and mineral water.
- Personal trekking equipments.
- Tip for trekking staffs and driver etc.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on price Includes section.